Author: University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathy
- Wash glass slides in detergent for 30 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in running tap water for 30 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in distilled water 2x5 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in 95% alcohol 2x5 minutes.
- Air dry for 10 minutes.
- Immerse slides in a freshly prepared 2% solution for 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane in dry acetone for 5 seconds.
- Wash briefly in distilled water twice.
- Dry overnight at 42C and store at room temperature.
- Note: 300mls of silane solution is sufficient to do 200 slides. Treated slides can be kept indefinitely.